I have been thinking a lot about gratitude lately, and I thought it was a good way to start off Valentine’s Day week. In this day and age, there seems to be a lot of negativity out there and it can be overwhelming sometimes. With social media, it is easy to always feel like we aren’t measuring up, or if you step on twitter you think everyone is just angry! I have found that taking a few minutes each day to focus on what we are thankful for can lead to a more grateful heart and a more positive outlook. (Well at least until the traffic gets bad on the commute to school). Here are some ways to practice gratitude and joy every day.
It doesn’t take a lot of time to practice gratitude. Your practice can be as easy as five minutes a day. Even just sharing what you are grateful for with your spouse and children every day can create joy.
*This post contains some affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I might earn a small commission, but it will not cost you a penny more. All opinions are my own and I only share products and services that I love and think that you will love too!
- The Five Minute Journal – The original gratitude journal and a classic. There is room to practice gratitude both morning and night. This was the first journal that I had.
- Good Days Start With Gratitude: A 52 Week Guide To Cultivate An Attitude Of Gratitude: Gratitude Journal – A great starter journal where you write three things you are grateful for each day.
- 4 Things Gratitude Journal – This journal is from the ladies at The Shop Foward. (You can learn more about one of them below) You will love the tie-dyed cover that says “LOVE HARD. CHOOSE JOY. LAUGH OFTEN. GIVE THANKS.” The proceeds support education in Haiti, a cause close to their hearts. And … it has stickers!
- The Five Minute Journal for Kids – Practice gratitude with your kids. It may even be something you can do together.
- One Minute Gratitude Journal – My mom just gave me a copy of this. Another simple journal with lots of great quotes and even room to draw.
If you are looking for a little joy in your day check out 4 Things with Amy Brown. Amy is a co-host of the Bobby Bones radio show (which you should be listening to), and half of The Shop Forward. Her grateful heart comes through in everything she does. She is on my dream list for my Women Who Inspire series.
Amy discusses gratitude in most of her episodes, but the episode that stuck out to me the most is the one with Bob Goff. He has a positivity that is infectious and came up with my favorite quote, “throw kindness around like confetti”. It’s worth a listen if you are feeling in need of inspiration.
This week try and find joy in the little things and jot down what you are grateful for.