Over the years I have tried to switch my calendar to my phone, but in the end, it is just not how my brain works. I find that when I physically write something down it seems to make more of an impact. My favorite paper planners for 2020 are from Erin Condren and Emily Ley. Today, I will share with you why they are my favorite planning ladies and my top pics from each. I always start my new calendar in the fall, but the start of a New Year is a perfect time to get started with a fun new planner.
I have been using Erin Condren forever. I love everything about her and her brand. Her accessories are the best and there is nothing better than when an Erin Condren Box comes in the mail. (If you love her you know what I mean).
Erin Condren planners are so much fun and are great for planning out your whole day. My daughter loves using their academic planner. Her lifeplanner used to be my go-to planner, but unfortunately, it is pretty bulky and just got too big to haul around in my purse. I still love her planners though and use the life planner as my blog planner.
Here are my favorite items from Erin Condren:
- The Life Planner – This planner is customizable and you can get add-ons.
- Softbound Notebooks – These notebooks are not only beautiful but are perfect to keep in your purse to jot down any brilliant ideas you may have during the day.
- Custom Stickers – Do you have reoccurring events every week and don’t want to write them all down? Then this is your answer. Automation, paper style.
- Pens, Pens, Pens – As you get to know me you will learn that I LOVE markers and you can never have too many. Her pens are the best, and the colors are ahhhhmazing. Her bags to hold them are also fabulous.
- Stickers – Who said grown-ups can’t have stickers?
Simplified Planner by Emily Ley
When you go on social media you will often find that women that love Erin Condren also tend to love Emily Ley. She is also bright, fun and happy, and much like Erin Condren you can’t help but feel like you would be best friends. I started using the Simplified planner about 4 years ago. The summer release of Emily Leys’s new Simplified Planners is one of the most exciting days of the summer.
The simplified planner is, bright and colorful and has room for your to-do list. It is offered in several different cover designs, and you can also choose between daily and weekly editions. The best part is that it won’t weigh you down when hanging in your purse.
Here are my favorite items from Emily Ley:
- Simplified Planner Weekly planner – This is my go-to planner.
- Page Markers – What a fun way to save your place.
- Art Prints – a great way to add some joy to your walls.
- Emily’s Books – Emily has some gorgeous books. They have a beautiful message and also look lovely on a shelf.
- Emily’s Instagram – Technically not an item, but her Instagram is so bright and inspiring and will help you to figure out how to simplify your life.
FUN FACT: Emily Ley has also developed some products for Staples and Walmart if you aren’t looking to spend as much. They aren’t quite the same quality as the original, but the colorful, happy vibe is still there. I just got one for my mother-in-law who just decided at the age of 89, that a little color in her calendar might be fun! I love it!
Both of these women have created not only calendars but bright, happy brands that inspire and create joy and is why they are my favorite paper planners of 2020! If you like a pop of color and writing your plans instead of typing them then you can’t go wrong with either of these ladies! Getting organized with my favorite planning ladies, Erin Condren and Emily Ley has never been more fun.
Does your current planner bring you happiness?